Spread Joy with the Gift of Play this Holiday Season!
Spread joy to more than 400 children this holiday season by supporting Playtime’s Holiday Drive!
During the holidays, you can provide a sense of normalcy for children living in temporary shelters by helping Playtime give gifts to each child in our programs.
This fall, we added two new program sites at the city’s overflow family shelters along New York Avenue, and now serve five partner shelter sites in the District.
You can ensure a joyous holiday season for children and families living in temporary housing. Here are five ways to help:
- Purchase items from our Holiday Amazon Wish List, for families, including those who arrive at the shelter sites in late December.
- Donate grocery store gift cards (Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter, and Target) and pre-paid metro cards.
- Create housewarming bins for families moving into housing; more details available upon request.
- Make a monetary donation toward “winter care kits” to be presented to families later this year. The kits, which will be purchased by Playtime, include a blanket, hand warmers, facial tissue, first aid kits, winter gloves, and more.
- Check out Playtime’s Donate Goods page for more needs.
Contact Rebecca Staple at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to do any of the above, and please reach out to her before collecting any toys or other items on Playtime’s behalf.
Your generosity makes the holiday season brighter for all our Playtime children living in temporary housing.
Fortunately, all holiday wish lists already have been matched with sponsors.
Note: The Playtime Project office will be closed for the holidays starting Friday, Dec. 21 through Jan. 1.