Playtime is Closed from Dec. 21 to Jan. 1
To give our staff and volunteers a well-deserved break, the office and programs are closed from Friday, Dec. 21 through Tuesday, Jan. 1. We will be back in the office on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
We are no longer accepting toy, book, or clothing deliveries for December. In the meantime, if you still want to contribute, we could use some help in a few different areas:
- Support our year-end fundraising campaign to help fund our goal to reach more children in the city’s new short-term housing shelters.
- Purchase items for Playtime’s new “It’s Your Birthday” Program to provide a birthday gift for each child, ages 3 and up, having a birthday in our programs. (You can still Gift Your Birthday for Play to raise funds for programming.)
- Assemble snack packs: Snack packs should include fruit snacks, baked chips/Pirates Booty/popcorn, a nut-free granola bar, and a small water or juice, all collected together in a gallon Ziploc bag or paper bag. We give out snack at each of our weekly programs. Please contact Rebecca Staple, rebecca.staple@Playtimeproject.org, if interested.
Here are some alternative places to donate toys:
- New Beginning Temporary Family Shelter. Contact Ms. Willie D. Moore, email@example.com; (202) 332-1505-Ext. 105
- Food and Friends, (202) 269-6897
- Sasha Bruce, 202-675-9340 (Gifts for teens)