Turn Your Unwanted Goods into Funds for Playtime
Cleaning out your house? Moving or downsizing? Why not donate your unwanted items to benefit Playtime? We’re pleased to announce that Goods For Good has selected Playtime as the recipient of its fundraising event for this spring.
Goods For Good is a unique organization that collects your unwanted items, organizes Mega “Pop Up” Rummage Sales where the goods are sold, and donates 100% of the profits to local community-based nonprofits that provide critical programming to people in need.
Here are five ways you can help make the fundraiser a success:
1. Donate your goods (and receive a tax receipt for each item donated). Visit Goods to Donate to see a listing of goods accepted – especially unique antiques, heirlooms, designer and vintage clothes, art, valuable jewelry, quality small furniture, and collectibles. Drop off locations are in Friendship Heights and Chevy Chase, D.C.
2. If you have a lot to donate – many boxes, bags and/or furniture – send a note to DonateGoods@GoodsForGoodDC.org to arrange a pick up.
3. Volunteers are always needed to help promote the event, sort and manage donations, or work the rummage sale. Visit Volunteer For Good for more ways to get involved.
4. Shop at the Mega “Pop Up” Rummage sale at 5252 Wisconsin Avenue in Northwest D.C. on May 18 and 19.
5. Be a sponsor. Community businesses are encouraged to support this community effort that helps local nonprofits.
Contact Elizabeth@GoodsForGoodDC.org for more information.
To make an even bigger impact, consider making a tax deductible donation directly to Playtime. Your gift supports the only programming of its kind, bringing the joy of play to over 150 children, ages 6 months-12 years, experiencing homelessness in Washington, D.C. Your support helps to provide clean and safe spaces for play, transportation for field trips, training for volunteers, and healthy snacks for every child. Thank you for supporting the power of play!