Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give back to the children and families we serve living in temporary housing:
- Volunteer your time. We’re always looking for weekly volunteers to spend time at one of our temporary housing sites, working directly with children and teens.
- Give a monetary gift to enrich our educational curricula, and provide healthy snack times, parent outreach, volunteer training, and field trips. Consider becoming a sustaining, monthly donor.
- Multiply the Impact of Your Gift by submitting your donation for a match from your employer.
- Donate goods that allow families to focus on setting and achieving long-term self-sufficiency goals.
- Gift Your Birthday for Play! Turn your celebration into action for children and teens experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer training for Play Rangers occurs once a month, and keep an eye on our calendar for upcoming events and activities.
For more information on ways to give or questions about your donation, contact Kasey LaFlam at email@example.com.
Statistic – The National Center on Family Homelessness
Homeless children are eight times more likely to be asked to repeat a grade, three times as likely to be placed in special education classes, and twice as likely to score lower on standardized tests. Youth experiencing homelessness are sixteen percent less proficient in reading and math than their peers