Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give back to the children and families we serve living in temporary housing:
- Volunteer your time. We’re always looking for weekly volunteers to spend time at one of our temporary housing sites, working directly with children and teens.
- Give a monetary gift to enrich our educational curricula, and provide healthy snack times, parent outreach, volunteer training, and field trips. Consider becoming a sustaining, monthly donor.
- Multiply the Impact of Your Gift by submitting your donation for a match from your employer.
- Donate goods that allow families to focus on setting and achieving long-term self-sufficiency goals.
- Gift Your Birthday for Play! Turn your celebration into action for children and teens experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer training for Play Rangers occurs once a month, and keep an eye on our calendar for upcoming events and activities.
For more information on ways to give or questions about your donation, contact Kasey LaFlam at email@example.com.
Statistic – The National Coalition for the Homelessness
Only 77 percent of children in homelessness attend school regularly and are nine times more likely to repeat a grade, four times more likely to drop out of school, and three times more likely to be placed in a special education program.