Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give back to the children and families we serve living in temporary housing:
- Volunteer your time. We’re always looking for volunteers to make a weekly commitment at one of our partner shelter sites, working directly with children and youth. We especially need volunteers at our newest partner sites on New York Avenue.
- Become a monthly donor to enrich our educational curricula, and provide healthy snacks, parent outreach, volunteer training, and field trips.
- Multiply the Impact of Your Gift by submitting your donation for a match from your employer.
- Donate goods that help families meet the immediate needs of their children and ease financial burdens as they save for housing.
- Gift Your Birthday for Play! Turn your celebration into action for children and teens experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer Info Sessions occur once a month. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for upcoming events and activities.
For more information on ways to give or questions about your donation, contact the Development Team at email@example.com.
Statistic – The National Coalition for the Homelessness
Only 77 percent of children in homelessness attend school regularly and are nine times more likely to repeat a grade, four times more likely to drop out of school, and three times more likely to be placed in a special education program.