Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give back to the children and families we serve living in temporary housing:
- Volunteer your time. We’re always looking for weekly volunteers to spend time at one of our temporary housing sites, working directly with children and teens. We especially need volunteers at our new partner sites on New York Avenue.
- Give a monetary gift to enrich our educational curricula, and provide healthy snack times, parent outreach, volunteer training, and field trips. Consider becoming a sustaining, monthly donor.
- Multiply the Impact of Your Gift by submitting your donation for a match from your employer.
- Donate goods that allow families to focus on setting and achieving long-term self-sufficiency goals.
- Gift Your Birthday for Play! Turn your celebration into action for children and teens experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer training for Play Rangers occurs once a month; we’re on hiatus for the summer and will restart in September. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for upcoming events and activities.
For more information on ways to give or questions about your donation, contact the Development Team at email@example.com.
Statistic – The National Coalition for the Homelessness
Only 77 percent of children in homelessness attend school regularly and are nine times more likely to repeat a grade, four times more likely to drop out of school, and three times more likely to be placed in a special education program.