Helping a family meet an immediate or seasonal need with a small, simple donation helps bring stability, easing the burden of homelessness and allowing the family to focus on more important long-term goals.
If you have goods you hope to donate, please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of delivery due to space constraints at our program sites and office. We cannot accept gently used or other in-kind donations without prior approval.
Here are our most current needs (donations should be in-season and brand new):
- Any item(s) on our Amazon wishlists.
- Grocery store gift cards (Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter, and Target)
- A “Family Bin”: one 29-gallon plastic bin with lid, filled with laundry detergent, toothpaste, toothbrushes, body wash, floss, portable shower caddies, bath towels (optional), and hand sanitizer
- Brand-new strollers and car seats
- Baby teething toys, stroller toys, and baby floor gyms
- Art supply store gift cards (A.C. Moore, Michaels, Utrecht)
What We Do Not Need
- Stuffed animals
- Gently-used toys or books
- Broken or incomplete toys
- Dolls that are Caucasian and do not reflect the population of children we serve
- Board games
- Used clothing or uniforms
If you have clothing items to donate, please consider donating them at a MetroAid Bin near you. We are honored to have been selected as a benefactor of MetroAid, which gives a portion of funds raised through sourcing and selling donated clothing to Playtime Project.
Please also consider making a monetary donation to the Playtime Project. General donations allow us the flexibility to meet the changing needs of families on a daily basis.
44 percent of adults in families experiencing homelessness are employed. For the remaining 56 percent, barriers to employment include inability to find affordable child care, expense of transportation, and lack of education or training needed for a competitive job market.