Our volunteers provide children living in temporary housing with the freedom to learn and heal through play. They encourage and support positive emotional development for one of the most vulnerable populations in the District. All on their own time. Without our volunteers, Playtime would not be the effective and dynamic organization that it is.
Here are three examples of outstanding volunteers, who were honored for their dedicated service to Playtime:
Each month, we recognize a Play Ranger volunteer for their enthusiasm, passion, and commitment for the children of Playtime.
- Emma Roller, D.C. General, Teen Room
- Sean Dalby, DASH Cornerstone Transitional Living Program
- Kathleen Fawcett, D.C. General, Playtime Room
- Jordan Burns, D.C. General, Preteen Room
- Leah Gage, D.C. General, Teen Room
- Heather Casciato, Quality Inn overflow shelter program
- Crystal Rucker, D.C. General, Playtime Room
- Robin Ngo, D.C. General, Playtime Room
- Mike Mosser, Quality Inn overflow shelter program
And there’s more! Elizabeth Botten, a volunteer in the Baby Room at D.C. General, shared her thoughts on the benefits of volunteering and what it means to be a Playtime volunteer in our blog.